воскресенье, 13 февраля 2005 г.

about owssvr.dll

GET /_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?...GET /MSOffice/cltreq.as... (alt.internet.search-engines)

: "drone24 replied to Eric Johnston on 28 May 2004
Most of you have parts of the answer, but we had the same incident on
my website. Upon investigation we found that this is caused by a user,
typically running the ****ly IE browser, which has an option/button
called forums. If this is checked on the browser, such requests get
sent out everytime a connection is attempted from that computer.
Simple solution - tell the users to turn off that button on their
browser. Better solution - don't use IE - use Mozilla or one of the
others. - S

Eric Johnston replied to drone24 on 28 May 2004
Thanks. I have found a large square plain yellow button on my IE6 tool bar
(top right hand end) and tried using it. Yes, it does sent out these
strange requests. If you click it twice it opens up a new and rather
interesting menu bar at the bottom of the page which leads to getting
yourself registered into a 'discussion server'. It presumably only works
with a MS discussion server (somewhere) and since my server is Apache on
Solaris and I have just started a YaBB forum I guess I am out of luck. Does
anyone actually use this facility?
Best regards, Eric."

Комментариев нет: